- Online Exchanges provides a platform for buyers and sellers to communicate. Online Exchanges does not allow the public exchange of private contact information (e.g. email addresses, phone numbers). However, both buyer and seller will receive information (both private and public) from one another upon entering a transaction. The buyer will provide his/her shipping address and email to the seller. The sellers' email address will be provided to the buyer upon order confirmation.
- Seller is responsible for providing reasonable support for any issues related to an item sold.
- Online Exchanges charges a fee of 5% sales fee, with a $2 minimum (rounded up to the nearest dollar so we don't have weird prices!) once an item is sold. This fee is included in the item price listed on the site for each product listing. This fee is subject to change without notice.
Order Fulfillment and Shipping Policies
These shipping policies apply to all sales transactions that occur within Online Exchanges websites.
- Sellers are expected to fuflill a sales order and ship within three business days of receiving payment.
- Shipping costs should be included in the listing (ground shipping with tracking and insurance). These costs can be viewed during checkout. Domestic (same country shipping) shipping charges are required. Sellers can decide if they want to ship internationally or not.
- Seller may use the shipping method of its choice as long as the shipping method offers reasonable transit times and a valid tracking number.
- Seller must communicate shipping tracking data, including carrier and tracking number, to buyer and Online Exchanges.
- Online Exchanges sales are binding, though the sale may become void in certain circumstances.
- Seller may void a sale if full payment is not received from the buyer.
- Seller may void a sale if the buyer requests unreasonable shipping methods (e.g. overnight shipping).
- Seller may void a sale if the buyer does not meet stated, required criteria for buying.
- If the seller advertises domestic shipping only (ie WILL NOT ship internationally) and the buyer is in a different country, the seller may void the sale.
- Seller may not (in good standing) void a sale because they forgot to include shipping costs.
- Seller can void a sale if they suspect a transaction is fraudulent in nature. Seller must notify Online Exchanges immediately in this event.
- Buyer may void a sale and request a refund if the seller does not comply with Order Fulfillment policies.
Returns and Refunds
- Sellers are urged to specify return policies for items as part of the product description. All return policies must comply with Online Exchanges's site-wide policies.
- If an item is received not as described the buyer shall be entitled to a refund.
- Sellers should refund promptly for returned items after received.
- Online Exchanges will refund sale fees to buyers when a sale is voided due to fault of the seller or Online Exchanges.
- If an item is received as advertised, but the buyer wishes to return, the seller is not obligated to accept a return. Any granted refund in in these situations should be less fees already incurred by the seller. Online Exchanges sale fees are not refundable in such situations.
- Refunds are subject to PayPal's refund policies and limitations.
Shipping Costs on Returned Items
- If an item is received in an unusable state and must be returned, the seller is responsible for reimbursing return shipping costs to the buyer.
- If an item is returned due to a disagreement in the condition of a device (e.g. good vs. fair), the buyer is typically responsible for covering return shipping costs.
- When an item is to be returned for any other reason, the buyer and seller must establish and agree upon who is responsible for the shipping costs prior to the return being sent.
- Returned items should be shipped with proper tracking and insurance for the buyer's protection.